Sunday 20 November 2016

DIY Accessories | Glitter Pyramid Ring Holders

Pretty, functional and glittery ring holders that make perfect gifts too.
Yes. Glitter.

| WHAT YOU NEED |
Perspex Sheet / Gold Glitter / Scissors / Sandpaper / Plaster of Paris / Sellotape

| HOW TO MAKE IT |

I created my own moulds from a plastic sheet.  It's easy to make and allows you to fully customise your ring holders.

Use the template below to cut your moulds - you can use this to create a cone ring holder or, as I did, pyramids.  Cut your plastic sheet [O.H.P paper to you and me and anyone around and above the age of 30!] to provide a sturdy and water tight mould:

To create pyramids from the template, once cut and taped at the seam, simply fold the cone down the seam and opposite side and then do the same in the opposite direction [the video on my YouTube channel will help if my explanation doesn't!]
Don't worry too much about the opening of your mould being level - this will be resolved by itself once the plaster is poured in.

To hold the moulds in place, I used some spare foam from this Gift Box DIY as a stand.

Following the instructions, I made my plaster mix [more detail in this gemstone photo holder DIY and video] and then separated in to two cups.

I then added glitter to one of the cups [I know, shocking] as an experiment [FYI - I also tried a marble effect with paint - this doesn't work!] and to add a bit of sparkle to the finished holder:
I filled one mould with the glitter mix, one with the plain mix and then with the leftovers, created a hybrid, gradated effect, adding plain plaster to two thirds of the mould and then plaster with glitter mixed through to the final third:
Sitting in the floristry foam, the plaster levels and any splashes can be broken off and 'made good' later on.  Leave your plaster to dry fully [follow your instructions, but I left my plaster overnight] before removing the moulds:
...and sand your plaster down to smooth any edges.  I also sanded quite a bit over the plaster with glitter mixed to help the sparkle shine through:
Display your rings in sparkly style:

Ring holders make great gifts as well, so there's plenty of time to give this a go and wrap in time for Christmas [why not display in this stylish DIY?].
Share:

17 comments

  1. Beautiful and sensational accessories.I really like it.

    online laptop bags

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pyramid boxes design of this gift packaging allows us to pack our gifts in the most unique way available for the packaging of gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. jewellery for friendship

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this brief clarification and very pleasant information. This post springs really quality information. confidence to see you again. I find that this post is truly wonderful. CPP Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. Strömshaga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post. I was always checking this blog, and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part, I care for such information a lot. I was exploring this particular info for a long time. Thanks to this blog my exploration has ended. Энэтхэгийн жуулчны виз

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. АНУ -ын виз ESTA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Awesome! and Help full Article. It really love! ring article thanks for sharing this. Find out more about: second hand wedding rings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for Sharing!

    I and my wife selected the two Christian rings. These rings looks so beautiful and classic. Most special thing they are made in Israel and will deliver to us within few days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This paragraph posted at this site is in fact pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very shortly this site will be famous amid all blogging and site-building people.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig