Sunday 17 November 2013

Sunday Short: Personalised Notebooks


I took part in the November Oh Comely care package swap this year and I loved putting together a package to send overseas.  One of the items I included was a personalised notebook, using an inspirational quote and it sent me straight back to the store to buy a few more blank notebooks to create some for friends, family and myself - as I have a serious stationery addiction.

I picked my books up from Sainsburys - the small A6 books were just 99p and the A5 books £1.99.
My favourite pattern to create was the simple confetti transfer - using acrylic paint and the eraser
 end of a pencil as the stamp.  Scatter across the page and overlap a few for effect:

...finished with a stamped message:
I also attached a charm with a simple stitch to another:

...and used stickers to decorate the front of a special book for my Mum:
 There are so many other decorations you could add to the front of the books: break out the pens and decorate with doodle and scribbles; a simple stitched embellishment, using embroidery floss, would add colour and texture;  print out and trace a favourite quote, photo or design, all can be personalised and whether you have a Secret Santa present to buy, or just want to give something a little extra in a Christmas stocking, these are perfect presents.
see you next time x
Share:

1 comment

  1. The concept of personalized notebooks and Photobook is a great way to add a personal touch to your everyday essentials. It allows you to showcase your creativity and make your notebooks and photobooks stand out from the rest. With the help of advanced printing technology, you can now add your favorite photos, quotes, or designs to your notebooks and photobooks, creating a unique and personalized item that reflects your individual style.

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig