Friday 28 December 2012

Chestnut Chocolate Pots

I made these last year from my favourite Christmas picture Cookbook - Nigella.  Join me in full-fat yumminess - you wont regret it.

Hello!  I really hope that you have enjoyed the last few days - are you full/started the post-Christmas diet yet? I hope not, as I have a dessert recipe that wont really fit in with that.  Chocolate pots.  I use a variation of this Nigella recipe, which uses ingredients I already have [note the ommission of full fat milk for this very reason] and is a nice, simple dessert that is still festive, perfect for the Christmas to New Year break and using up a few things in the fridge you might want to be rid of before New Year.

What I Used:
1 Egg
200ml Double Cream
250g Chestnut Puree
200g Plain Chocolate

Start with the chestnuts.  I had chestnut puree readily available, so used this:
...but you could roast and then create your own chestnut puree:
Score a cross in the skin of each chestunt [if I could get someone else to do this for me, I really would], spread on a baking tray and pop in to the oven at 200 degrees C for around 30 minutes.
 
Remove the skins and either blend or smash into a puree, depending on whether you want a smooth or chunky blend of chestnut with your chocolate
[leave 4/5 chestnuts to the side for decoration afterwards]:

Next, if you have a food processor, whizz your chocolate until it resembles a powder [if not, smash to absolute pieces in a sealed bag with a rolling pin]:
On the hob, heat the double cream until boiling  and then add to the chocolate in the processor, mixing with a quick blitz of around 1 minute and then add your egg until fully blended:
[if you don't have a processor, add the chocolate to the saucepan and allow to melt at a reduced heat, whisk an egg and then add this, continuing to stir quickly until fully blended]

Now, add the chestnut puree, either whizzing until blended in the food processor, or stirring in to the chocolate, cream and egg mixture if you want to keep chuncks of chestnut:
Now transfer the mixture in to dessert pots
[I filled 5 ramekins with this mixture, which is more than generous. In truth, you could / probably should use these measurements to make double that.  They are very, very rich and thick]:
...cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to set, if you can wait that long!
I broke up a chestnut for the top of the pots as I like to make my mixture fairly smooth, so it's nice to have the mix of textures:
They may seem small, but they definitely will fill you up - enjoy!
These are so easy to adapt to any combination of chocolate and nut and you could also add in some chocolate buttons/chunks into the mix to bulk the dessert out and add something to contrast.
If you are throwing a New Years Eve dinner party, these would be brilliant dessert option too - I'll be back tomorrow with a simple decoration idea - see you then.

Want more Christmas treat ideas, including our Pudding teacakes, marshmallow pops, meringues and more?  Come this way.
Don't forget, you can follow me on Pintrest:
Follow Me on Pinterest

and Twitter!

Share:

2 comments

  1. Some students find it difficult to get through the homework of law studies. Due to this, they need assistance from professionals who can aid them in their homework and assignments. If you are the one those students who are looking for the Law Homework Help then they can visit My Assignment Services, which is an online educational platform and an ultimate solution to all of their problems related to legal studies. For more information visit - My Assignment Services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful and it taste is very yummy as well as reciple is very nyc i will tried by the i guess enough my side much obiliged connected with me nursing education dissertation topics.

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig